Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Easy Summer Salad



Do you ever want something to eat and nothing sounds right? You walk around looking for something but no luck. I wanted a salad of sorts but I can't eat any type of lettuce so green salads are out for me. I had a fresh tomato but didn't want a BLT. Mostly cause I've had that for like 4 days in a row. I get on kicks and will eat the same thing until I just don't want it anymore. So here is what I come up with:
Recipe and directions after the jump.


1 large tomato chopped and I de-seed mine.
1 can whole kernel corned, drained well
1 can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained well
1 heaping spoon salsa, the heap depends on how much you like it. Mine was mild so I added a few slices of jalapeno peppers that I can myself.
1 heaping spoon of light mayo, I like Blue Plate and Hellman's with olive oil. Salt or seasoning of your choice.
Mix together well and chill it or not, depends on your level of hungry.
Saltine crackers are a must in my house.
It was so good that I ate that for 3 days. I also, am a bowl and glass junkie and I love this little apple bowl I bought years ago at a Dollar Store. If you try it I hope you enjoy it. : )
                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment