Thursday, May 17, 2012

Things to Expect

This is my first post about "Me & Mamaw". Right off...I know that grammar rules state that it should be Mamaw and I. I'm from the South and we talk a bit different down here, but mostly it's from saying all my life when asked "who made this?" there was only one correct way to answer..."Me & Mamaw!" And it was said with great pride and enjoyment cause everybody knew I was the favorite and I took every little chance to prove it. Was I spoiled? Absolutely.
Spoiled by the love that these 2 amazing women showed me. No money involved, unless it was to buy craft stuff or sugar to make homemade jellies and jams. The others didn't realize that I was the favorite because I loved to spend time with them and do the things we did. The others chose to go somewhere else or do something else. Their bad..hehe.  I hope throughout this blog that I can reminisce and remember times that even I have forgotten. I hope to leave all of you with a sweet taste in your mouth and a smile on your face as we celebrate Me and Mamaw. I will be blogging about silly, crazy kid crafts, all grown up crafts, Christmas ornaments, for sure, and food. Lots of real Southern food. Funeral food, wedding food, divorce food, party food, you got an A on your report card food and "I'm in a bad mood and don't want to cook" food. My problem is, I have just begun, I know very little about what I'm doing and I dont know what to do first on my blog. As my brother n law, who died just a year ago and I miss very much would say,..."You need to get your head and your ass wired together." Oh yeah...I will definitely be sharing alot of those quotes and old wives tales, as well as superstitions. Should be fun! 
CarolAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment